Do you want to know how you can remove a user from your Xbox 360 or Xbox One gaming console? Possibly, you might be using your gaming console along with your friends or family members, but now you want to remove a few user profiles from your device. It’s also possible that you don’t need a particular user account on your Xbox gaming console.
This article will guide you about how you can remove a user account on Xbox 360 or Xbox One permanently.
Things You Need to Learn Before Deleting Xbox User Profile
If you remove a user account on your Xbox, it will significantly affect your console. Keep in mind that you can only delete the user account from your device locally, but the data stored in the cloud server, such as achievements, game saved data, and other things, won’t get deleted even if you delete a user profile.
However, if you want to get rid of all cloud-stored information as well, then you will need to delete your Microsoft user account permanently. Keep in mind that if you wish to back up the profile data before deleting, you will need to make sure that it is synced with the Microsoft cloud server. If your user profile data is not synced, you will lose it forever.
How to Remove Unwanted User Profile from Xbox One
We have mentioned the instructions to delete a user profile on Xbox One right here:
- First and foremost, hit the Xbox button from the main menu to explore the Guide.
- Now scroll downwards to the “profile and system” subheading that has the profile icon.
- From there, select settings and then find your way to the Account option.
- Now find and select the REMOVE ACCOUNTS option.
- From the given accounts, please select the account you want to delete.
- Finally, strike the Remove button on your screen.
- That’s how users can delete a user profile on Xbox One.
Deleting a User Profile on Xbox 360
Please follow the instructions given down here to remove an unwanted user account from Xbox 360:
- Open the Settings and then find your way to the System.
- After that, select Storage from the given options.
- Please select the “All Devices” option in the storage screen if you have connected external storage to your console. However, you can choose the Hard Drive option if you haven’t connected any external drive.
- Once you choose that, pick the user profile you wish to remove from your device.
- Lastly, press the Delete button.
After that, you will need to select what type of deletion you wish to perform. You might choose the “Delete Profile Only” option to only remove the profile while keeping the saved data and achievements. You can choose “Delete Profile and Items” to delete everything, including game data, achievements, and profiles.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on webroot.com/safe and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Source : XBOX